Sunday, November 4, 2007

Binod Khatiwada


Name: Binod Khatiwada
Date of Birth: 19-03-1989
Address: Tapeshwari-6, Udaypur, Sagarmatha, Nepal
Father’s Name: Ganga Prasad Khatiwada
Mother’s Name: Tulasa Khatiwada

I am the eldest son of the family. We live in a joint family of 10 members. My grandfather, father, mother, and my younger siblings, we all live together.

Being the eldest son, I am supposed to feel responsible towards my family. As per the contribution from my side to the family, I seek for an overseas job, which leads me towards Qatar leaving behind my motherland. In the process of coming to the country, I prepared my Passport and submitted to the Director B.K. Dhakal of Ocean International Overseas, Kathmandu, Nepal. He told me to wait for 15 days and be prepared. I returned to my home. There I was to wait for 15 days but waited for 6 full months. After a call from the agency I went back to Kathmandu with the money. There in the Kathmandu, after 15 days of waiting, at last I flew for Qatar on 19th of May 2006.

Somebody from the company came to receive me. On 20th of May 2006 I went to work, but was rather surprised, when I had to handle the spade and shovel at the site. While I was to work as a cleaner in a hotel but here I was going to work in the construction. Seeing no other way than to do the job, I ignored the job contrast. But the trouble did not stop there. The company didn’t payed my salary. I called the Ocean International Overseas, in Nepal and told my problem. The agent promised me to handle the problem and stay patient. After the 6 months of my employment in the company, without my salary payments, the company collapsed and the Manager of the company fled. I along the other employee of the company went to the Nepal Embassy for asking help. In the Embassy’s suggestion, we sued the company.


If you wants to help me email:
abandonworker@gmail.com




-------------***--------------***---------------***----------------***------------------***--------

No comments: