Monday, November 5, 2007

Chandra Bahadur B.K.

Name: Chandra Bahadur B.K.
Date of Birth: 20-06-1968
Address: Dhitung V.D.C., Khotang, Sagarmatha, Nepal
Father’s Name: Bir Bahadur B.K.
Mother’s Name: Narmaya B.K.
Spouse’s Name: Lila Kumari B.K.
Education: Class 7
Pass Port Number: 2674804

We are five children of our parents. I am the youngest son of the family. My elder brothers Gajurman B.K and Sadarman B.K, lives in our main home, with our two sisters. I live separately with my wife and 3 children, in our small house with hay roof. I have taken some rice field in lease, as we don’t have our own land for growing rice. In return we give half of the crop to the owner as payment.

Wishing to have a happy family isn’t sufficient. Just feeding them is not enough. We always need to be financially ready, in case of emergencies. Due to the low financial profile, I went Darjeeling of India to earn money. There I stayed for sometime and earned some money. Later on 2000 A.D. I went to Malaysia. During 4 years of stay in Malaysia, I sent my earning of 5600 Ringets (approx. 5600 QR) through my room partner name Rahar Man Rai at home. He assured me that he’ll take the money to my home. I believed him, but he never gave the money to my family. Since than, I have never heard from him.

I went back to Nepal and convinced my wife about the situation I had. Later, I came to Qatar with the help of a relative’s brother, who was running Ocean Manpower. Taking a loan of NRs 80,000, I applied for a job of cleaner in a reputed cleaning company of Qatar as the Ocean Manpower promised me. I left my home towards Qatar. I landed on Qatar on 2006 May 7, but nobody from the particular employer comes to receive me at the airport. After 2 days of staying at the Airport without foods, I hardly managed to call one of my relatives. He helped me to find my company. There in the Company, I didn’t get the job what I was supposed to get according to my agreement paper. I called my agent in Nepal and he convinces me telling that he’ll send Kumar Rai to manage everything. But until now, nobody has arrived in reference to the Manpower Agency.

The Ocean Manpower Agency, Nepal has totally devastated our life. Now at present we neither have the legal papers to work with another company nor can we leave the country. Even our passports are with the company that has runaway without paying my 4 months salary. After the company left us, for 15 days, we were without Lodging and Fooding. With the help of Embassy of Nepal here at Qatar, we appeal at the labour court for relief.


Now I’m waiting for the opportunity of getting my passport back and working here in another company to pay my loan back. After that, I want to stay in my own country what ever comes in life. Rest, up to the God.


Chandra Bahadur B.K
21 Dec 2006

No comments: