Sunday, November 4, 2007

Chuda Kumar Karki

Name: Chuda Kumar Karki
Date of Birth: 1983
Address: Rajapani-2, Gaiyathan, Khotang
Father’s Name: Adiman Karki

First of all I would like to wish a very Happy New Year 2067 B.S. of Nepalese Calendar to all the People who will be reading this dairy.

I am the 4th son of my parents. Due to our poor financial situation at home, I happen to start my education at the age of 14 only. I used to work at home and the other time I used to study. But I had only finished my 5th grade when a group of Maoists came at our home.

It was 11:00 pm when they took me with them saying there is a meeting at our school. But from there they took me with them in their camp. There I stayed for 6 months. One day an order arrived that we were to attack the Diktel Army’s Camp. That day we were permitted to visit our parents who had home nearby. As my parents lived near, I took change to meet my parents. But from there I escaped and didn’t return to where we were told to gather for the attack. I went straight to Kathmandu and for 4 months I worked as a labour, and earned enough money to make my passport.

I waited for 6 months before I got chance to come here in Qatar. I loaned money for service charges and other expanses for processing visa. I experienced hard time collecting the money for the visa processing expense and while making my passport. I can never forget those 6 full months serving the Maoists. But the suffering didn’t end there; it followed where ever I went.

The agency from whose help I reached here, betrayed me. They had told me that I was to work as a cleaner in a Cleaning company. But I worked as a labour in Al Sakia Construction Company for 6 months. The company didn’t pay me any salary. My effort for earning and paying my debt went in vain. The company was seized, the manager of the company escaped without paying our salary and returning our passports. We were in real terrible state until Nepal Embassy referred us to Mitery Club of Doha Qatar. We are now staying in Mitery Kunja and are happy. If the things pass by swiftly, I hope to earn money so that I can pay back my loan.

I feel grateful towards for providing me chance to write down my feeling in this dairy. I look forward to another chance of jotting down some more of my experience in another dairy. Thank you.
If you wants to help me
Email :
abandonworker@gmail.com





-------------***--------------***---------------***---------------***------------------***-------

No comments: