Monday, November 5, 2007

Mahesh B.K.


Name: Mahesh B.K.
Date of Birth: 14-03-1986
Address: Yakha V.D.C.- 5, Risuwa, Khotang, Nepal
Father’s Name: Nirkumar B.K.
Mother’s Name: Kopila B.K.

We are a family of seven. Altogether, with my parents, 4 brothers and a sister, we live in Khotang district of Nepal. I am the eldest son therefore the head of the family, at present, while my father is still working in Saudi Arabia as a carpenter. 2 of my brothers’ study in the village school in class 6 and 4 where as my sister studies in class 3. The youngest brother is still an infant. We are farmers by profession.

I belong to the so called low caste “Dalit” family. Therefore we are looked down by the so called high caste families, and are treated as if we are animals. We need to avoid touching water and the road they use. Though at present it is illegal to treat people like that in Nepal, and is mentioned that every caste are equal. In our village it is still not in practice and we are treated as we were treated before. We grow enough food ourselves from our land, but financially we are still poor. The Maoists had asked donations, making the reason of my father having a job is foreign land. But we didn’t have that much capacity. I decided to work in other country for the benefit of my family and my own.

I have studied until grade 3 and had started to do the farmer job in absence of my father. I am not skilled in any trade therefore it was not possible to get a good job and earn enough to help my family. Due to this reason, I left my homeland to work as a cleaner in this desert land, in hope of earning good salary. For this I obtained help from Ocean Overseas, which had published an advertisement, of a cleaner job in a reputed company in Qatar with good salary. I paid 80,000 rupees (nearly 4500 QR.) to the manpower and flew for Qatar, in dream of good future. I was in dismay, when no body from my company came to receive me. I was nearly depressed, seeing no possibility of being received by the said company and remained in miserable state for 3 days without food in the airport. After those 3 miserable days, one of our family relative showed up at the airport, and with his help I got a labour job in Al Sakia building and Construction Company. There I experienced and understood the poor salary structure, food and the job itself. Nothing was good there.

Having no other option, I worked there for 9 continue months. I had to leave the company, because the company collapsed. I received only one month salary from the company though my employment in the company was for 9 months duration.

I would like to return home and start my own business in Nepal, how ever it may be small, but I would be happy there.

-------------***--------------***---------------***----------------***------------------***--------if you wants to help me and my family
Email :
abandonworker@gmail.com



No comments: